Panama Maritime Law
- Maritime Litigation in the Panamanian jurisdiction is expedited and efficient solving controversies.
- Panama is an opened maritime registry.
- Panamanian registry flags a majority of vessels worldwide. The jurisdiction of Panama is comprised of two specialized Maritime Courts and a Maritime Court of Appeals, which serve justice through professional and experimented judges and are opened 24 hours, 365 days a year.
- The Republic of Panama is an attractive and secure location for international shipping finance due to the security offered by a transparent Public Registry of Vessels and an innovated Panama Maritime Authority and a stable offering of justice through the Maritime Courts.
- The civil procedure rules for maritime jurisdiction combine traditional maritime legal institutions and fast and innovated litigation tools, which has as a result smart justice.
Panama Maritime Data
- The Panama Canal is the principal route of the world commerce and tracks abundant maritime traffic.
- Panama is the principal port and logistics hub of Latin America, due to the interplay of seven strategic ports.
- The Panama Canal expansion will allow the transit of Neo Panamax vessels which represents the notable increment in the amount of tonnage in transit.